All measures in this section use American Community Survey (ACS) 2014-2018 5-year averages (and, where there is a longitudinal comparison, the “previous” value is the 2009-2013 5-year average). The following measures also appear in the Kids Counts data center, where you can find detailed citations to the specific ACS tables used in the data center and in this website:
- Population of children
- Population of youth ages 18-24
- Race of children. Note that individuals who are Black and Latinx may be counted in both groups, and similarly for those who are multiracial and Latinx, Asian and Latinx, or “other race” and Latinx. In addition, “other” includes both people identified as such by the Census as well as the 0.2% of DC residents who identified as Native American.
- Population and race of children under 5
The following measures are not in the Kids Count data center, and are from ACS tables as noted below.
- Population of children under 3 – table B09001
- Race of youth ages 18-24 – tables B01001-A through B01001-I
- Percentage of children with at least one parent born abroad – table B05009